|Party of Reason|
Partei der Vernunft
|General Secretary||Gerhard Breunig|
Prof. Norbert Geng,|
|Executive director||Johannes Roßmanith|
|Additional executive committee members||
"Wir lieben Freiheit."|
(We love freedom.)
|Membership (2011)||> 1,000|
|Bundestag||Template:Infobox political party/seats|
|Regional Parliaments||Template:Infobox political party/seats|
|European Parliament||Template:Infobox political party/seats|
The Party of Reason (Partei der Vernunft or pdv) is a libertarian political party in Germany founded in Hambach, on 30 May 2009. Founder and party leader is the journalist and author Oliver Janich.
The party's policies are based on the Austrian School of economics and it campaigns for a minimal state, free markets, decentralization of political power and subsidiarity. It rejects nationalism, racism and any kind of anti-democratic politics, whether from left or right.
In 2011, the pdv participated in the local elections in Lower Saxony, winning one seat in the Flecken Harsefeld municipal council, two seats in the Samtgemeinde Harsefeld municipal council, and a further seat in the Bremervörde municipal council.
At its national party conference in June 2012, the pdv unanimously decided to participate in the general election for the German Bundestag in September 2013. 
Endorsement by Ron Paul
I applaud the PDV for crafting an outstanding manifesto for liberty. It calls for the rule of law; sound money; low taxes; and a noninterventionist defense policy. These principles apply to any free society, and they are the principles that libertarians must fight for around the world.
Endorsements by economics professors
- Dr. Walter Block, Professor at Loyola University, New Orleans; and Senior Fellow of the Ludwig von Mises Institute, USA: "I like the manifesto very much. I support it enthusiastically."
- Dr. Hans-Hermann Hoppe, Professor Emeritus at the University of Nevada; President of the Property and Freedom Society; and Distinguished Fellow at the Ludwig von Mises Institute, USA: "I hope the Party of Reason and my friend Ron Paul in the United States are very successful. That would be very fortunate for Germany and the mindset that prevails there."
- Dr. Jörg Guido Hülsmann, Professor at the University of Angers, France; Senior Fellow of the Ludwig von Mises Institute, USA; Vice President of the Property and Freedom Society; and Advisor of the Ludwig von Mises Institute, Germany: "The manifesto of the Party of Reason is outstanding. It is bold, visionary, and radical in the best sense of the word. It provides hope to see that there are people in Germany who don't want to simply continue applying short-term patches to the problems, which ultimately pushes us ever deeper into the abyss."
- Dr. Thorsten Polleit, Professor at the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management; Chief Economist of Degussa Gold Dealership; President of the Ludwig von Mises Institute, Germany: "Convincing people of good and the right ideas will lead us to peace and prosperity. I wish the Party of Reason much success and staying power in this endeavor."
- Partei der Vernunft" gegründet Template:De-icon, Stimme.de, June 25, 2011.
- Erben der FDP? Template:De-icon, Telepolis, March 13, 2012.
- 30. Mai im Hambacher Schloß: Partei der Vernunft wird gegründet Template:De-icon, May 25, 2009.
- Unsere Grundsätze Template:De-icon www.parteidervernunft.de
- Election results of the 2011 local elections in Lower Saxony – Fleckenrat Harsefeld – Samtgemeinderat Harsefeld, harsefeld.de, accessed on April 12, 2012.
- Election results of the 2011 local elections in Lower Saxony – Fleckenrat Harsefeld, harsefeld.de, accessed on April 12, 2012.
- Election results of the 2011 local elections in Lower Saxony – Stadtrat Bremervörde und Ortsräte in den einzelnen Ortsteilen, bremervoerde.de, accessed on April 18, 2012.
- Das große Stühlerücken im Erdinger Stadtrat Template:De-icon, Merkur online, September 30, 2011.
- Stadtrat, Stadt Erding, accessed on June 24, 2012.
- Landesvorstand Bayern Template:De-icon, pdv, accessed on June 24, 2012.
- Parteien mit Landesliste im Überblick (3)Template:De-icon, WDR, accessed on April 19, 2012.
- Preliminary results of the 2012 North Rhine-Westphalia state election; accessed on May 13, 2012.
- Die Partei der Vernunft beschließt einstimmig die Teilnahme an der Bundestagswahl 2013 Template:De-icon www.parteidervernunft.de
- Ron Paul in Ron Paul und führende Ökonomen loben das Grundsatzprogramm der Partei der Vernunft, parteidervernunft.de, accessed on November 13, 2012.
- Ron Paul und führende Ökonomen loben das Grundsatzprogramm der Partei der Vernunft, parteidervernunft.de, accessed on November 13, 2012.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Template:Parties of Germany